Sunday, July 22, 2007

All Harry-Pottered out

Yes, it's true, I'm a fan of the boy wizard, when he appears both in print and on celluloid. Today, my mom and I combined the two, we bought the final installment The Deathly Hallows; and caught the early movie - The Order Of the Phoenix. I must be honest, I'm pretty confused as to the order of events in this sprawling story. Only because I read the current movie's accompanying book last year, or was it the year before that, I keep forgetting that Im a book ahead of the movie. . . I think. Unlike my student-cousin, who religiously reads the last book (again) before he reads the new one, so that he knows what the hell's going on - I've only read each one once, and long for the luxury of time which would allow me to read my favourite tomes more than once!

Let it be known that I absolutely HATED going to school, and considered that time spent incacerated was the biggest waste of time in my life thus far. The only thing school had in it's favour, was a daily two hour bus trip and seemingly endless holidays, all of which ensured that fact that I had my nose stuck in a book for the best part of twelve years.

Although I don't envy my twenty-year-old cousin and his varsity timetable, I so wish I had THAT much time to read.

Where do YOU find the time to read? How do you steal precious minutes from your day? When was the last time you dropped your book in the bath?

No comments: